Friday 12 August 2011

I saw that, now you saw that too.

Pizza Hut had some very competitive deals in their latest flyer. 

Si vis pacem, para bellum. I didn't see anyone reading De Re Militaria, though. There was a 7-11 next door that sold hot dog frankfurts wrapped in bacon. Although his name suggests otherwise, I very much doubt Vegetius was a vegetarian and therefore would have approved.
English Vince's bar, sans English Vince. He told me to stick my camera up my
"Puckerhole".

I like going to see English Vince at his bar. Every time I do he keeps telling me he’s not dead but I don’t believe him. English Vince owns a bar off Sukhumvit Soi 22. He is a miserable dead man with scant regard for human decency. I enjoy our meagre time together.

“Singha or Chang?” said English Vince.
“You’re dead.”
“If I was dead would I know that soon I'm fucked? That this place is going to just fucking explode and I'm fucked? If you hang around? - you're fucked. That guy over there - he's fucked and all.” 
“Maybe, maybe, maybe.” 
The heat slumped over us both. It made the glue in my books turn to yellow dust. The pages started falling out.  
“What beer do you want? Fuck, these seats are for customers.” 
“What’s it like being dead?”
“I’ve had worse jobs.” said English Vince, popping the top off the bottle of Singha.


It was the Queen's Birthday.

A simple yet comprehensive explanation of Bangkok.

NO DISCOUNT.

My front yard and its ubiquitous spirit house.

You need your own Fortress of Solitude amongst the carnage.


3 comments:

  1. We paid 150 for one of those hats. Oh the pain, the pain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better come back resplendent in a gold glomesh jacket.

    ReplyDelete