Thursday 25 August 2011

Please enjoy these futuristic daguerreotypes. I'll tell you a story tomorrow.

I like this wall. This wall is near my apartment. It's a nice wall.

This is my local. If you listen closely you can hear a submariner using a jackhammer and a little girl staring at me for two hours, laughing uncontrollably. 

This is the door to my palatial compound. My neighbour is a kindly if rather anxious 69 year old Libyan man with a penchant for ludicrous sunglasses and staying alive.    

This is where I had breakfast because it had a sign that read 'PLEASE DO "DON'T" FEED THE CATS'.

This is a self-portrait of me as a wanker.

These are sandbagged ATMs right on the edge of Pier 10. The water is rising, the ATMs are sinking and that is a Buddhist nun extracting Baht from an automatic teller.

This is Jorge's joint. I live here. Him and I are compiling the largest collection of covers of the Stones' 'Satisfaction'. He gave me some bossa nova, I gave him Cat Powers. Jorge said "I don't understand what she is saying, but she is very attractive to me."

This is where I was mistaken for actor Stephen Curry whilst eating breakfast. I think this place is a house of ill repute at night. Someone told me it dates to the Vietnam era. I don't know. The breakfast outside was stellar, absolutely stellar. The only bad part was when the waitress threw up for a little while.

This is the T-shirt I bought because it makes a very good case for whatever it is talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Fuck I was listening to as many covers as satisfaction as I could about a month ago. There's a decent version by Otis Redding and a Bjork/PJ Harvey version, and also an Aretha Franklin one (I think).

    ReplyDelete